On behalf of the West Islip Soccer Club, I would like to thank you for volunteering this season to coach your team. Our program is staffed by many volunteer coaches. We would not have a recreational program, if we did not have generous people like you, who volunteer their time to teach our kids the game.
I have been working to get more information out to coaches to assist them in teaching the players good foundations, and to help improve the skills of the players.
The curriculum is intended as a tool for you to use, but feel free to adjust to your team’s needs. The material presented is what I do all season with my academy teams, and a large part of what I work on with my older teams as well.
Running a training session helpful hints:
- Be prepared, have a plan
- Keep it moving. Have players on the ball as much as possible.
- Be energetic and keep everyone busy
- Avoid having players stand in long lines.
- Have fun with the kids and make it fun for them.
- When you scrimmage, do not stop the game too much. Instead coach over the game.
Thanks again for volunteering your time.
Director of Coaches