New Parent Info
- Be a positive role model.
- Be a “team” fan not a “my kid” fan.
- Show respect for the opposing players, coaches, spectators, and support groups.
- Be respectful of all officials’ decisions.
- Gain an understanding and appreciation for the rules of the sport.
- Avoid instructing one’s child/teammates during a game, because it conflicts with the coach’s plans and strategies.
- Help your child learn that success is experience in the development of his/her skills, and that he/she can feel positive about their skill development during the season, regardless of the team’s record.
- Support the alcohol, tobacco, and other drug-free policies of the school by refraining from the use of any such substances before and during athletic contests.
- Take time to talk with coaches in an appropriate manner, including proper time and place, if there is a concern. Respect the coach by following the designated chain of command.