The West Islip Soccer Club runs on Volunteer Power.
We can never adequately thank all the members of the West Islip Soccer Club Family that so graciously volunteer their time and energy in order to help our children.
- Soccer Buddies — High School students interested in becoming a Soccer Buddy for the High Flyers program should contact Ron Maginniss at 587-1873.
- Referees — Anyone wishing to referee should contact Mike Lombardi, Director of Referees, by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Soccer Social — The Parent’s Soccer Social is a fun filled event to benefit the WISC Scholarship Fund. The Soccer Social Committee is in need of volunteers for setup and cleanup for this event. Contact Tricia Greene, if you can help out.
- Tournaments — Our indoor (mid Feb) & outdoor (mid Aug) tournaments are fundraisers for the club benefiting the WISC training programs and travel teams. The Tournament Committee is in need of volunteers for these event. Contact the Tournament Director, if you can help out.
- Field Maintenance — Our fields are in constant need to stay lush & green. They also needed to be staked out & lined on a regular basis. Contact our Field Coordinator, to help out.
How you can help
Please remember that everyone involved in the West Islip Soccer Club is a volunteer.
The West Islip Soccer Club needs volunteers to exist. Without your generous help the Club could not continue to offer the many opportunities that are available to our children.
You can help out the Club in the following ways:
- Coaches — Coaching youth soccer, especially the younger age groups 5 to 10 years of age, does not require a person to have a soccer background, although it is helpful. The Club does provide clinics and coaches courses and also tries to pair up coaches with assistants that have knowledge but cannot make the time commitment.
- Events — The Club runs a number of various events during the calendar year where your help is greatly needed. Registration, team photos, club-sponsored tournaments and field maintenance are just a few examples by which an extra pair of hands ensures a smooth and successful club event.
- Board Members — The business of the West Islip Soccer Club is conducted and managed by the West Islip Soccer Club Board. The current positions can be found on the Executive Board Page.
- Ideas — Your ideas make things happen in the Club. Many of the activities that happen in the Club occur because a Club member had the idea that it needed to be done and the initiative to make it happen.
Gifts in Kind
Members of the Soccer Club not only give their time to the Club but also have arranged for the donation of goods and services.
For example, during the recent WISC Indoor Tournament, the Club ran a Concession Stand as a fund raising effort. Hot dogs, snack cakes and snack bags were all items that were donated to the Club for that event.
If you believe that you have a good or service that you could donate to the Soccer Club for the various events during the year please contact the Club President or any Board member of the Club. Their contact information can be found on the Executive Board Page.
In addition the club is always looking for sponsors. Advertisements in our newsletter, on club equipment or printed banners on the field are inexpensive and do receive exposure 12 months a year to over 1,000 West Islip Soccer families. Contact the Club Public Relations Director.